Gift Card Terms & Conditions
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before you use any Gift Card that has been issued by Ralph Lauren Australia Pty Limited (ABN 61 118 847 359) in Australia.
If you have any questions about your Ralph Lauren Gift Card or these Terms and Conditions, please email us at: [email protected].
In these Terms and Conditions:
Activation means the date that a Gift Card is activated for use in accordance with clause3.3.
Expiry Date means three (3) years after the date on which the card is supplied to you by Ralph Lauren, which will be transcribed on the Gift Card at the time of supply.
Gift Card means a Physical Gift Card issued by Ralph Lauren that you have purchased or received.
Physical Gift Card means a physical payment card in plastic form.
Ralph Lauren means Ralph Lauren Australia Pty Limited (ABN 61 118 847 359) of GF, 16-18 Grosvenor St, The Rocks, NSW 2000.
Ralph Lauren Stores means a full priced boutique or an outlet store operated by Ralph Lauren in Australia but does not mean any concession stores operated by Ralph Lauren in department stores such as Myer and David Jones.
Website means https://www.ralphlauren.com.au/.
We, Us, or Our is a reference to Ralph Lauren.
You or Your is a reference to the person who is taken to agree to these terms and conditions under clause 2.
These Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions apply to each Gift Card.
When you purchase, activate, use, attempt to use or otherwise redeem the value on a Gift Card, you are:
- agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions;
- warranting to us that you will:
- comply with these Terms and Conditions and all applicable laws;
- not use the Gift Card in a way that is unlawful, misleading or deceptive, unfair or otherwise harmful to anyone;
- ensure that any recipient of the Gift Card is aware of these Terms and Conditions and the Expiry Date.
These Terms and Conditions may be updated from time to time and Ralph Lauren reserves the right to do so for any reason. Any such changes will be posted on the Website but where any material changes are made, we will provide you with at least 30 days' notice by prominently displaying the changes on the Website. If you do not accept the changes, you must write to Ralph Lauren within the notice period and we may cancel your Gift Card and refund any unspent value remaining on the Gift Card to you.
Purchasing a Ralph Lauren Gift Card
You can purchase a Physical Gift Card in store at the selected Ralph Lauren Stores. For a list of the selected stores, please click here.
A maximum of AU$1,000 can be loaded on each Gift Card at the time of purchase. The Gift Card will become activated at this time (Activation).
We may change the maximum amount that can be loaded onto Gift Cards at any time and at our absolute discretion. Any changes to the maximum amount will published on our Website.
Using a Ralph Lauren Gift Card
To make a purchase using your Gift Card, present it at the transaction register of any Ralph Lauren Store along with the product(s) you wish to purchase. The transaction will be processed by swiping, scanning or inserting your Gift Card into the payment device and then entering the 4-digit number which is on the back of the Gift Card.
By making a purchase, the value on the Gift Card will be reduced by the value of the products purchased. If there is any unspent value remaining on the Gift Card following the purchase, you will not be given any change but the Gift Card may be used to purchase products in the future until the unspent value on the Gift Card is zero or the Expiry Date has been reached.
You will be informed of the unspent value remaining on the Gift Card at the time a purchase is made. You can otherwise find out details regarding the unspent value remaining on your Gift Card or the Expiry Date at any time in a Ralph Lauren Store or by emailing us at: [email protected].
If you want to purchase a product or products for an amount which exceeds the unspent value on the Gift Card, any excess amount must be paid using another payment method accepted by the relevant Ralph Lauren Store.
When the unspent value on the Gift Card is zero:
- it cannot be reloaded with value; and
- because the Gift Card remains the property of Ralph Lauren, a sales assistant may destroy it.
You are responsible for the use and safety of your Gift Card and are liable for all transactions made on it (unless there has been fraud or negligence by us).
You agree that we can reduce the unspent value on the Gift Card when:
- you use the Gift Card as described in clause 4.1 above; or
- the Gift Card is lost or stolen and is used by another person in the manner described in clause 4.1 above (unless there has been fraud or negligence by us).
If your Gift Card is lost or stolen, it will not be replaced or refunded. The bearer of the Gift Card will be taken to be the owner of the Gift Card.
Ralph Lauren Gift Card - Exclusions
You acknowledge that Gift Cards cannot be refunded or exchanged for cash and may not be used:
- at any concession stores operated by Ralph Lauren within department stores such as Myer and David Jones;
- for online purchases with Ralph Lauren’s official partners (such as The Iconic, Myer, David Jones etc);
- to purchase another stored-value card or Gift Card;
- for purchases made with Ralph Lauren via phone, facsimile or email;
- to pay a store or credit account;
- to purchase any goods or services that are not permitted by law to be sold to you; and/or
- to purchase quantities of goods which exceed standard retail quantities.
Ralph Lauren Gift Card Expiry
Gift Cards will be valid for use from the date of Activation until the Expiry Date.
The Expiry Date will be transcribed on your Gift Card.
If you do not use all of the unspent value on your Gift Card before the Expiry Date, it will no longer be available for use and will become the property of Ralph Lauren.
Cancelling Ralph Lauren Gift Cards
Ralph Lauren reserves the right to:
- cancel or void a Gift Card if it appears to have been damaged, defaced, mutilated, altered or tampered with in any way, in which case Ralph Lauren may inspect the Gift Card and undergo a process which will verify its authenticity;
- cancel a Gift Card, or Gift Card program, for any reason at any time without notice and will provide a replacement Gift Card (unless clause 7.1(a) above applies); and/or
- amend the value on the Gift Card, if there has been a technical, clerical or accounting error has occurred.
After a Gift Card is issued by Ralph Lauren, it may only be cancelled by you if the unspent value remaining on the Gift Card is zero or the Expiry Date has been reached.
Gift Cards which are faulty or have been damaged will not be reissued unless Ralph Lauren (or its agents or contractors) are responsible for any such fault or damage.
Privacy and confidentiality
Any personal information provided by you in connected with a Gift Card will be handled in accordance with our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be accessed at https://www.ralphlauren.com.au/en/privacy.
It is important that you read and understand the Privacy Notice. If you are unable to access it online, please email us at: [email protected].
Returns and Replacement of Products
If you have any concern or complaint regarding any products that you have purchased from Ralph Lauren using a Gift Card you should contact the Ralph Lauren Store where the purchase was made, email us at: [email protected].
The return and replacement policies which Ralph Lauren has in place for products purchased using Gift Cards is the same as those which apply to products otherwise purchased from Ralph Lauren Stores and are subject to various rights and remedies under the Australian Consumer Law which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified.
Any amounts to be refunded will be refunded onto the original Gift Card via the original payment method.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to exclude, restrict or modify any statutory rights or remedies you may have under the Australian Consumer Law.
To the maximum extent permitted by law and subject to clause 10.1 above, you acknowledge that:
- you assume full responsibility for the use and safety of your Gift Card and will be liable for all transactions made using your Gift Card;
- any conditions implied by any laws (other than the Australian Consumer Law) are excluded;
- we will not be liable to you for any loss or damage (whether direct, indirect, punitive, exemplary, incidental, special or consequential) howsoever caused arising out of or in any way related to your use of a Gift Card;
- we will not be in default under these Terms and Conditions due to a failure to exercise, or delay in exercising, a right or perform any of our obligations under these Terms and Conditions for any reason unless any such failure or delay is caused by our gross negligence; and
- if we are liable to you, we limit our maximum aggregate liability to the initial value loaded onto the Gift Card at the time of purchase.
These Terms and Conditions embody the entire agreement between you and Ralph Lauren in respect of your Gift Card.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of New South Wales, Australia, and you agree to irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales, Australia and Commonwealth courts having jurisdiction in that place.